Friday 31 May 2013

Nine




Nine. That's how many eggs we have. For those who are excited by numbers I can tell you that nine is two more than seven. As I am still in a drug induced haze, this won't be an overly flowery or descriptive post, I  don't want to scare you all off by going all Dali on you.

If I wasn't so addled I might tell you about the charming hotel we found just behind Baker Street or how staying in London the night before added an flavour of holiday excitement. I would mention the lovely Spanish receptionist who checked us in and my attempts to impress her with my rusty Spanish. I am certain that I would write that she was still on duty when we checked out and that she was too sweet when she told us she thought we were a very kind couple and much nicer than her average guests. I am pretty sure that, if I wasn't lazing in front of trash telly, you would hear about how smoothly everything flowed at the clinic; the kind elderly anaesthetist who explained how he got real joy from working within in NHS; the friendly embryologist who detailed how he uses Eeva and when it can be helpful. I would tell you about the simple lunch we had in a cafe on the way home but, most of all, I would shout out that I am so happy, overjoyed, excited and thrilled. Happy we got this far, overjoyed that we got nine not seven, excited that tomorrow I will know if we have created new beings and thrilled that we are one step closer to parenthood.

13 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you. 9 is an awesome number. I may have missed this in an earlier post, but did you decide to go with the extra procedures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aislinn, sorry for my delayed response. Needed a break from the computer for a few days. We have gone for both the extras. I really hope they work.

      Delete
  2. Yes!! 9 is a GREAT number!! Hoping for an awesome fertilization report and plenty of healthy embryos!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Yeah, we were pretty okay with nine; even happier that nine fertilised and have all made it to day three!

      Delete
  3. Yay for your nine!!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for 9!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cindy. We are pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nine is a brilliant number! Also, I used to live near Baker Street, and probably know the very hotel you stayed at. So, here's to lucky connections! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yep, hopefully that connection is a good one.

      Delete
  7. Hey lady! I nominated you for an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you Aislinn. Eek. How exciting.

      Delete